UPDATE 2/1/16 – 1 position available at our community center on 2801 S. Hamlin Ave. for Youth Program Organizer. Read description below:(Expires 2/15/16)
|Job Title: Youth Program Organizer||January – June 2016|
|Position: Part-Time||Positions Available: 1|
UP’s Program staff is responsible for with the following four components and delivering it to youth in the community. Provide tutoring assistance to youth and to ensure the successful operation of the program.
- Create an outline and calendar that includes youth empowerment and leadership development activities.
- Recruit and serve at least 25 youth (5th to 8th grade)
- Develop a mentoring model that engages youth development
- Include parents in the program development
- Be familiar with UP’s Mission and respect UP’s policies.
- Participate in events hosted by UP.
- Able to create lesson plans according to youth needs.
- Maintain record of participant’s attendance, assessments, etc.
- Document participant’s progress.
- Prepare monthly statistical and narrative reports and notify the executive director of any changes with the program or schedule.
- Assist with student recruitment, registration and assessment
- Develop students files to document academic progress and personal growth
- Compile students’ writings for publications
- Attend and participate in staff development workshops weekly
- Other assignments, as required by the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Previous experience working with youth.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and know how to use the Internet.
- Be culturally sensitive.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Social media experience.
Accountability: Youth Program Organizer reports directly to executive director
Please bring cover letter and resume or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
2801 S. Hamlin Ave.
Chicago, IL. 60623