Position: Youth Program Facilitator
Job Type: Full time 40 hours per week
The Youth Program Facilitator will support Universidad Popular’s after-school youth program, UP to Youth, in its mission to increase youth’s civic engagement, positive self-image, good health habits, and academic performance by providing a safe and accepting environment that favors peer to peer and experiential learning. The UP to Youth program serves the primarily Mexican neighborhood of Little Village on the West Side of Chicago. Program participants range from 6th graders to seniors in high school.
- Plan and execute weekly activities.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with youth program partners.
- Assist with the submission of grant applications.
- Bolster efforts to increase youth enrollment and retainment.
- Quantify data, including grades, demographics, etc., of program participants.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to youth.
- Other duties as required.
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- Bilingual/Bicultural skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Experience working with youth programming.
- Patient, a good listener, responsible, and culturally sensitive.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
Job Accountability: Reports to Youth Program Coordinator
Send resume and cover letter to:
773 733 5055
2801 S. Hamlin Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60623-4554